Australian Consulate-General
New Caledonia, Wallis and Futuna

Home Affairs - Immigration Citizenship and Border Protection


For specific COVID-19 information and instructions from relevant authorities in Australia (including on travel and quarantine exemptions) and in the French Pacific, please consult our front page at

Australian citizens must travel to Australia on an Australian passport.

The Australian Department of Home Affairs does not have an office at the Australian Consulate-General in Noumea and the Australian Consulate-General in Noumea has no visa or other Home Affairs function.

Home Affairs recommends checking the global visa processing times for each type of visa. Home Affairs advises you should not book flights or make travel commitments until you have an appropriate visa to travel to Australia. Home Affairs further advises it will not be liable for any financial loss incurred by clients whose visa application was finalised later than expected or where an application is unsuccessful.

Home Affairs also recommends foreign travellers hold a passport valid for at least six (6) months.

Visit the Home Affairs website for further information regarding visas, citizenship and border protection (including customs).

Home Affairs advises you can apply online for most Australian visas and citizenship through ImmiAccount. This is the preferred and most efficient way to apply. Home Affairs also advises their clients can check the status of their visa using myVEVO.

Home Affairs advises that, when applying for a visa, you should enter your data as it appears on your passport, including the passport number as it appears in the machine-readable zone at the bottom left of the passport biodata page.

Homes Affairs advises you can withdraw your visa application if you don’t wish or can’t travel on the dates originally provided as Home Affairs cannot extend a visa validity.

Home Affairs advises if you have a valid visa but have a new passport, to follow the instructions to update your passport details.

Home Affairs also provides the following advice to assist with enquiries:

Home Affairs troubleshooting guide and contacting Home Affairs

Home Affairs advises that, if you are unable to find the information you need on the Home Affairs website, you should call the Home Affairs Global Service Centre (in Australia 131 881 ​​– outside Australia +61 2 6196 0196) open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm (local time). The Home Affairs Global Service Centre provides language support services using the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) across the service window. TIS offer interpreting services for over 160 languages, including French.

Home Affairs advises that, if you have issues with your visa application, you should follow the below steps as applicable to your circumstances:

The Australian Department of Home Affairs does not have an office at the Australian Consulate-General in Noumea. The Australian Consulate-General in Noumea has no visa or other Home Affairs function and does not process visa applications or respond to visa or other Home Affairs enquiries.