Australian Consulate-General
New Caledonia, Wallis and Futuna

Travelling to Australia

Home Affairs - Immigration and Border Protection (Visas-Citizenship-Customs)

The Australian Consulate-General in Noumea does not process visa or citizenship applications.

Information on visas, citizenship and border protection (including customs) is available from the Australian Department of Home Affairs (Home Affairs).


Driving in Australia

Information on driving and licence regulations in Australia, can be found on  Transport and Licences in Australia

In New Caledonia, you can obtain an international driving licence from the Direction des Infrastructures, de la Topographie et des Transports Terrestres (DITTT).


Biosecurity and Quarantine

Australian Biosecurity and Quarantine control luggage and parcels in ports and airports in Australia.  

For further information, please follow the link to the Australian Department of Agriculture and Water Resources.


Jobs in Australia

The Australian Consulate-General is not able to assist people seeking information on employment, migration or visas, accommodation, financial, legal or commercial operations.

A number of websites offer job placements or employment opportunities in Australia generally for Australian citizens or residents holding a visa allowing them to work in Australia. Regulatory information on immigration, work and visas is available from the Australian Department of Home Affairs.

Some employment websites in Australia may be able to assist you:

APS Jobs - Gateway to the Australian Public Service
Job Search Australia
Job Search Indeed
SEEK - Australia
Workabout Australia - Earn While You Travel

For lists of French companies based or operating in Australia, please check out the websites of Business France or of the French-Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FACCI).


Back from Australia

If you require a certified copy of your passport as proof of exit from Australia, the consular section of the Australian Consulate-General may be able to provide you with this service.  For further information, please follow the link Notarial Services, including witnessing, certifying issuing legal documents.

You may also request an International movement records from the Australian Department of Home Affairs (Home Affairs).



Plan your trip with the official Tourism Australia website.


For any other information, please check out our Useful Links.