Australian Consulate-General
New Caledonia, Wallis and Futuna

Study in Australia

Australian Education Resources

Students from New Caledonia and Wallis and Futuna can research and plan their Australian education via .

The site, managed by Austrade (the Australian Government’s trade, investment and education promotion agency) has a mobile-friendly design that makes it easy for students to browse courses and institutions on any handheld or desktop device.

Potential students can also interact via social media, access information about scholarships and discover the stories of other students from New Caledonia, Wallis and Futuna or elsewhere.

The website includes information about Australia’s states and territories, as well as news and event feeds, in a selection of languages.

Whether you are interested in enrolling in an Australian university or Vocational Education and Training (VET) college, learning English, or attending school, we invite you to visit the website to try out its new features and to learn more about studying in Australia.


Recognition of Qualifications

If you wish to obtain an official document in New Caledonia stating your level of qualifications obtained in Australia, you can familiarise yourself with the procedure for the recognition of these studies by contacting Laura Guyette at the Maison de l’Etudiant:

Laura Guyette
Tel: +687 29 00 64
Email: [email protected]

Students can also visit the CIEP website:

For information on the recognition of overseas qualifications in Australia, please check: Recognition of overseas qualifications.


Australia Awards Scholarships program

The Australia Awards are prestigious international scholarships funded by the Australian Government, offering the next generation of global leaders an opportunity to undertake study, research and professional development in Australia and for high-achieving Australians to do the same overseas. Their aim is to promote knowledge, education links and enduring ties between Australia and our neighbours. Since the 1990s, Australia Awards programs have benefited hundreds of individuals from New Caledonia and Wallis and Futuna. Many awardees now hold leadership positions within the private as well as public sectors.

More information on this program administered by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade is available here: Australia Awards Scholarships.


The Destination Australia program is the Australian Government’s scholarship program to provide financial support for tertiary education students to study in regional Australia. Over 1000 scholarships are available each year to support both domestic and international students.

The Destination Australia scholarship program provides financial assistance of up to $15,000 per student, per year. Tertiary institutions administer the scholarships for individual students.

Australian tertiary institutions apply for and manage the Destination Australia scholarships. Students can apply directly to a tertiary provider. Please visit the Australian Department of Education’s website for further information.


Studying in Australia – Home Affairs information

People wishing to undertake studies or a training, or accompany a student, in Australia must consult the website of the Australian Department of Home Affairs for information on studying, training or accompanying a young student as well as information for International students (including the International Student Arrival Plan, Student visas, and Temporary Graduate visas).

For further information on Home Affairs, including on how to obtain assistance from the Home Affairs Global Service Centre, please check the information available under Immigration, Citizenship and Border Protection and also check the Home Affairs COVID-19 travel information for Australian travellers and visa holders.

The Australian Department of Home Affairs does not have an office at the Australian Consulate-General in Noumea. The Australian Consulate-General in Noumea has no visa or other Home Affairs function and does not process visa applications or respond to visa or other Home Affairs enquiries.